If you using other means of transportation (railway train, car, bus, ferry, etc.) or you apply for double transit visa (to the country of your final destination and back) it can be valid for up to 10 days only.
Important information for Transit passengers
- If you apply for Russian transit visa you must have valid visa to the country of your final destination - where you are traveling to.
- If changing terminals in the Russian Airport you have to cross Russian boarder through immigration control you have to obtain Transit visa prior to your travel.
- If you stay in Airport Transit zone NOT crossing Russian boarder through immigration control Transit visa is NOT required for you.
Consulate highly recommend to contact your airline to verify it. Your airline is more familiar with particular airport terminals structure.
In all cases when airline can't verify this question Consulate recommend to obtain transit visa.
Documents required for Transit visa:
1. Passport (original) with valid visa of the country of your final destination. Passport must contain at least two blank pages marked "visas", otherwise the passport and documents will not be accepted and will be returned. Passport must be valid no less than six months after visa expiration date. Applicant's passport will be in the Consulate's possession within the whole period of visa processing.
2. Original and copy of the airway, railway or other ticket with "OK" status only.
3. StandardVisa Application form (https://visa.kdmid.ru/PetitionChoice.aspx) with one passport-size b\w or color photo glued or stapled at the place for photo on the application form (Russian Visa Photo Specifications) .
Each applicant has to fill out visa application form online, print it on your printer at home, in your office or in Consulate General along with other documents required.
No blank spaces must be left. If a question does not apply, please type "N/A". If the answer is none, write "None". Kindly ensure that the dates of your entry and exit, as entered in the application form, match with the period specified in your invitation. The form should bear the original signature of applicant and must be well readable. Please note that all dates in your application form must be written in European style (date, month, year). Please state clearly your contact telephone number (office, home). Incomplete forms, forms with no signature, forms with corrections, forms filled out illegibly or NOT FROM THIS Special OFFICIAL WEB SITE will be returned to the applicants unprocessed.
4. В соответствии с действующим российским законодательством российские визы гражданам России в том числе, имеющим просроченные российские загранпаспорта, не оформляются.
5. For Non-Korean Passport holders only: You may apply for Russian visa only if you have Alien Registration Card, Sojourn Status or long term non-immigration legal status in ROK valid not less than 3 months from the date of your Russian visa application. There are some countries in the world with which the Russian Federation has mutual understanding visas policy and citizens of which countries should not have Alien Registration Card for period more than 3 months. If you would like to know is your country in this list, please ask in Consulate.
If you stay in Russia more than seven business days upon arrival you have to register as a foreigner. This registration is mandatory and required by the Russian Law that regulates entry/exit and stay of foreign citizens in the Russian Federation. Registration process is varied from registering in a hotel to registering at the Passport and Visa Service of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Russia or Russian Federal Immigration Service depending on which type of visas you have in your passport. It is important for you to apply for the right type of visa, the one that corresponds to the purpose of your trip, in order to enjoy your visit to Russia without legal problems, should it be a tourist journey, a home stay with a relative or friend, a business trip, or a transit.