Single-entry and double-entry business visas can be valid for the period of no longer than 90 days.
Multiple Entry Business visa can be valid for 1 year or 5 years depending on the invitation submitted and .
(Please note that Multiple Entry Business visa is NOT a Residence Permit. You can use it NOT for staying in Russia but for multiple business re-entries only.
According to the Russian Migration Law foreign citizen with Multiple Entry Visa (valid 1 year) can stay in Russia only 90 days within each 180 days period).
Documents required for all type of business visas:
1. Letter of Invitation:
a) Official invitation issued by the Russian Federal Migration Service, Russian Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA) or its regional offices or six digit reference number of your visa support information (MFA telex #) sent directly to the Consulate. For the businessmen and representatives of business organizations of the Republic of Korea the following documents shall be sufficient for justifying the purpose of their journey to the territory of the Russian Federation - a written request from the host legal person or company, enterprise, organization or an office or their branch, state or local authority of Russia or organizing committee of a trade or industrial exhibition, conference or symposium held in the territory of that respective Party (The official invitation must contain: official seal and legal address of the agency, document registration number, date of registration, signature and name of an authorized official, travel itinerary, dates of stay, names of persons invited).
For the citizens of the Republic of Korea a direct written invitation must contain:
a) for the invited person:
- name and surname, date of birth, sex, nationality, number and type of the identity document, dates and purpose of the journey, number of entries and the names and dates of birth of minor children accompanying the invited person,
b) for the inviting person:
- name and surname, date of birth and permanent address (registration),
c) for the inviting legal person, company or organization:
- full name and address and
- if the request is issued by an organization, the name, surname and position of the person who signs the request;
- if the inviting person is a legal person or company or its office or branch, established in the territory of the Republic of Korea – the state registration number as required by the national law of the Republic of Korea;
- if the inviting person is a legal person or company or its office or branch, established in the territory of the Russian Federation – the tax identification number.
Copy of invitations for business visas are not accepted - please submit original only.
2. Passport (original). Passport must contain at least two blank pages marked "visas", otherwise the passport and documents will not be accepted and will be returned. Passport must be valid no less than six months after visa expiration date.
Applicant's passport will be in the Consulate's possession within the whole period of visa processing.
3. StandardVisa Application form (https://visa.kdmid.ru/PetitionChoice.aspx) with one passport-size b\w or color photo glued or stapled at the place for photo on the application form (Russian Visa Photo Specifications) .
Each applicant has to fill out visa application form online, print it on your printer at home, in your office or in Consulate General along with other documents required.
No blank spaces must be left. If a question does not apply, please type "N/A". If the answer is none, write "None". Kindly ensure that the dates of your entry and exit, as entered in the application form, match with the period specified in your invitation. The form should bear the original signature of applicant and must be well readable. Please note that all dates in your application form must be written in European style (date, month, year). Please state clearly your contact telephone number (office, home). Incomplete forms, forms with no signature, forms with corrections, forms filled out illegibly or NOT FROM THIS Special OFFICIAL WEB SITE will be returned to the applicants unprocessed.
4. В соответствии с действующим российским законодательством российские визы гражданам России в том числе, имеющим просроченные российские загранпаспорта, не оформляются.
5. For Non-Korean Passport holders only: You may apply for Russian visa only if you have Alien Registration Card, Sojourn Status or long term non-immigration legal status in ROK valid not less than 3 months from the date of your Russian visa application. There are some countries in the world with which the Russian Federation has mutual understanding visas policy and citizens of which countries should not have Alien Registration Card for period more than 3 months. If you would like to know is your country in this list, please ask in Consulate.
If you stay in Russia more than seven business days upon arrival you have to register as a foreigner. This registration is mandatory and required by the Russian Law that regulates entry/exit and stay of foreign citizens in the Russian Federation. Registration process is varied from registering in a hotel to registering at the Passport and Visa Service of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Russia or Russian Federal Immigration Service depending on which type of visas you have in your passport. It is important for you to apply for the right type of visa, the one that corresponds to the purpose of your trip, in order to enjoy your visit to Russia without legal problems, should it be a tourist journey, a home stay with a relative or friend, a business trip, or a transit.