General information about visas
Applicants of the Republic of Korea can apply for Russian visas directly to the Visa Section of the Consulate General of the Russian Federation.
For applying directly you are required to appear in person for a visa interview at the Visa Section of the Consulate General from
9.30 a.m. - 12.15 p.m.
Please comply with the following procedure and have the following information/documents available.
Starting from December 10, 2012 all applications for Russian visa submitted at the
Consulate-General of the Russian Federation in Busan should be filled up in RUSSIAN or in ENGLISH and printed out using the Electronic Visa Application Form (EVA) which is a web-based application available at http://visa.kdmid.ru.
The existing application form for Russian visa will not be accepted after December 10, 2012.
RUSSIAN VISA APPLICATIONS PREPARED USING THE OLD FORMAT OR IN A DIFFERENT WAY ARE NOT ACCEPTED ANY MORE.
Travel to Russia requires an entry visa. The Consulate General issues different categories of visas to Russia based upon the purpose of the trip and the duration of stay in Russia. In short-term travel to Russia for citizens of the Republic of Korea Consulate General issues visas according to the
Citizens of the countries that have a visa waiver agreement signed with the Russian Federation can travel to the Russian Federation without visas. You can check the list of countries whose passport holders do not require a visa to enter Russia (available only in Russian): Visa waiver agreements
Please note that:
- In accordance with Russian laws citizens of the Russian Federation regardless of any other citizenship may travel to Russia on valid Russian documents only.
- Visa processing starts only after the Consular Section has collected all necessary documents.
- Visa processing fee is NOT REFUNDABLE.
- Type of visa or dates of entry/departure CANNOT BE CHANGED OR EXTENDED. If your travel plans have changed after the visa issuance you have to reapply for a new visa.
- After you received your visa, please CHECK ALL THE DATA indicated in it and, if necessary, return it to the Consular Section for corrections. The Consular Section will NOT BE RESPONSIBLE for any mistakes in the visas, which were not brought to our attention prior to your departure from the Republic of Korea.
- Any visa applicant can be interviewed by the consular officer, if necessary.
- Processing time, requirements and fees are subject to change without notice.
- In certain cases the Consular Section is entitled to consider visa applications as long as it necessary. Visa CAN BE DENIED if the Consular Section has serious reasons to believe that an applicant’s entry into or stay in the territory of the Russian Federation will NOT BE DESIRABLE.
- Please be advised that person CANNOT HAVE TWO VALID VISAS AT THE SAME TIME. In this case the first visa is to be cancelled.