Standard tourist visa can be single-entry or double-entry and can be issued for no longer than 30 days only.
1. Standard "Tourist Confirmation" and "Tourist Voucher" from Russian travel agency . Travel Agency should be duly registered as a tourist company with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Russian Federation and assigned a special reference number. This reference number should be indicated on the Confirmation Letter.
In order to simplify the process it's recommended to contact any tourist\visa processing agency located in the Republic of Korea to verify how to obtain Russian tourist visa support documents.
Please note: payment confirmation or reservation voucher can't be accepted by the Consulate for your visa processing.
- Cruise sea (river) ship passengers without organized group tourist program are required to submit a letter from the Cruise Company and a Cruise Confirmation Letter from the Cruise company’s partner agency in Russia (ask your cruise operator for a copy of that letter prior to applying for a visa).
2. Passport (original). Passport must contain at least two blank pages marked "visas", otherwise the passport and documents will not be accepted and will be returned. Passport must be valid no less than six months after visa expiration date.
Applicant's passport will be in the Consulate's possession within the whole period of visa processing.
Each applicant has to fill out visa application form online, print it on your printer at home, in your office or in Consulate General along with other documents required.
No blank spaces must be left. If a question does not apply, please type "N/A". If the answer is none, write "None". Kindly ensure that the dates of your entry and exit, as entered in the application form, match with the period specified in your invitation. The form should bear the original signature of applicant and must be well readable. Please note that all dates in your application form must be written in European style (date, month, year). Please state clearly your contact telephone number (office, home). Incomplete forms, forms with no signature, forms with corrections, forms filled out illegibly or NOT FROM THIS Special OFFICIAL WEB SITE will be returned to the applicants unprocessed.
4. Cover letter specifying purpose of visit, dates of arrival and departure, cities to be visited in Russia and telephone or facsimile number where you can be reached.
В соответствии с действующим российским законодательством российские визы гражданам России в том числе, имеющим просроченные российские загранпаспорта, не оформляются.
5. For Non-Korean Passport holders only: You may apply for Russian visa only if you have Alien Registration Card, Sojourn Status or long term non-immigration legal status in ROK valid not less than 3 months from the date of your Russian visa application. There are some countries in the world with which the Russian Federation has mutual understanding visas policy and citizens of which countries should not have Alien Registration Card for period more than 3 months. If you would like to know is your country in this list, please ask in Consulate.
If you stay in Russia more than seven business days upon arrival you have to register as a foreigner. This registration is mandatory and required by the Russian Law that regulates entry/exit and stay of foreign citizens in the Russian Federation. Registration process is varied from registering in a hotel to registering at the Passport and Visa Service of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Russia or Russian Federal Immigration Service depending on which type of visas you have in your passport. It is important for you to apply for the right type of visa, the one that corresponds to the purpose of your trip, in order to enjoy your visit to Russia without legal problems, should it be a tourist journey, a home stay with a relative or friend, a business trip, or a transit.